Well, that sounds like a depressing title I suppose. Today is my last official academic day and I have now finished all of my finals! It is a strange feeling and not nearly as happy as I though it would be. I am actually kind of depressed to be done! It's hard to describe the pull between wanting to stay and wanting to go home. I had a friend say it pretty well, "I want to go home, but I dont want to leave". It's so true! There is so much about London that I love and that I will miss once I get home. Of course there are so many reasons that I want to be back in Minnesota but I think it is the thought that I dont know when (or if) I will come back here. Anyways, sorry to be so depressing but its just a complicated emotion...
On a lighter note, I forgot to mention that last week I had a brush with celebrity! I literally brushed shoulders with Alec Baldwin after I went to see the annual Christmas tree lighting in Trafalgar Square. Then Brooke and I noticed tons of paparazzi hovering around a certain upscale restaurant, so we went over to investigate/gawk. Mostly there were models and English socialites but we saw Lily Allen, Mel C the Spice Girl, and Sadie Frost (Jude Law's ex wife!! If you know me, you know that Jude Law is likely to be my soulmate). It was fun to see the paparazzi go nuts when these people left the building and it was fun to be standing with them. What a wierd life that celebrities lead...
Tonight my friends and I plan on having our last night out together and we will probably go get sushi and crepes on Marylebone High Street which is right near where we live. It will be good to have this one last chance to hang out and say our goodbyes (sad!). Then tomorrow morning bright and early, Brooke and I are going to the airports so that I can see her off and then welcome my mom and Sandy to London!! For the next week, we are going to have the full London experience-as much as we can cram in. I cant wait to see my mom! And I am excited to go home and return to normal life. Only one week left! CHEERS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So basically, you met Jude Law and fulfilled your purposed for being in London, I am SO proud!
Post a Comment