Sorry it has been a while since I last wrote a blog! This week, literally nothing out of the ordinary happened until Thursday when Laursie came from Italy!! We had SUCH a fun time together and it was so sad to see her go today. I went with her to the Liverpool street tube station and then saw her off to the Stansted express train. I have to admit that I shed a few tears when I got back on the train to head back to Baker street; hopefully I didn't scare the locals sitting near me on the train. But it's not so sad because in one month from yesterday, I will be on a plane to Florence to visit Lauren during my break! I booked my flight yesterday. I am SOOO excited to go there! Its still pretty far in advance but we were talking about doing a wine tasting bike tour around Tuscany among other exciting things. Here is a little synopsis of what we did over the weekend:
Lauren got here Thursday afternoon so that night we went to Picadilly Circus and ate dinner in China Town at a cute little restaurant called Gerrard's Corner. We had so much fun talking and catching up! It really reminded me of how much I had been missing her and the rest of the important people in my life. Sorry so sappy!
Friday we took the tube to Westminster and got pictures of all the fun touristy stuff (Benny, Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, the London Eye, etc...) then went over to Oxford Street and hit up PRIMARK! It was instantly Laursies favorite new store and she bough tons of wintery clothes and we had so much fun shopping together for the first time in way too long! And we each bought a new pair of boots so it was totally worth it. Heres a fun story though.... After we were shopping/ fighting the crowds in Primark, we crossed the street to get something to drink and eat because we were completely exhausted. Right as we were finishing up our waters and Krispy Kreme doughnuts, lo and behold, blood started gushing from my nose. Sorry for the gruesome visual, but I have a chronic cold weather bloody nose problem. I didn't think it would flare up already though! Haha sorry, thats probably more than some of you ever wanted to know about my nasal tendencies.
Saturday we took a bus ride to Warwick castle and toured around. It was so pretty there. Its supposed to be the "greatest Medieval experience in Britain" and there were archers and people dressed as peasants and everything. There was also a part of the tour that was about all of the ghosts that supposedly haunt the casle and it was basically a haunted house. You may not know this about me, but I am EXTREMELY jumpy and cannot handle scary things at all! But this was fun for the most part even though me and Lauren were at the very back of the group so all of the creepy ghost people cackled extra loud in our ears and blowed on our necks and stuff. Oh well, I lived to tell the tale, which the warning signs outside of the haunted house told us we might not be able to do so I count it as a success. After all of the excitement at this castle, we drove over to Stratford-upon-Avon a.k.a Shakespeare's birthplace and burial site. It was the CUTEST little town ever!!! I'm telling you, each person who reads this NEEDS to go there someday! It is the quiantest place, with old cottages (some even have thatched roofs) little Shakespeare themed shops, and little ice cream and sausage carts all over the place. The fences all had vines growing all over them and there were even wild blackberry bushes on the path to Anne Hathaway's cottage. My only regret is that we didn't get to spend more time there! It was adorable and well worth the trip up there. I might even go again!
Today was Lauren's last day so we just took it easy and slept in a little so that she wouldn't be too tired on her long journey back to Italy. We actually returned to our little English version of the Village Wok (our favorite Minneapolis Chinese hot-spot), Gerrard's Corner. Then we took our time getting ready to trek through the park and back to the train station. It was sad to see her go, but like I said before, it just makes me more excited to go to Italy in less than a month! Well, I guess that's all I've got for now. Cheers!
Lauren got here Thursday afternoon so that night we went to Picadilly Circus and ate dinner in China Town at a cute little restaurant called Gerrard's Corner. We had so much fun talking and catching up! It really reminded me of how much I had been missing her and the rest of the important people in my life. Sorry so sappy!
Friday we took the tube to Westminster and got pictures of all the fun touristy stuff (Benny, Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, the London Eye, etc...) then went over to Oxford Street and hit up PRIMARK! It was instantly Laursies favorite new store and she bough tons of wintery clothes and we had so much fun shopping together for the first time in way too long! And we each bought a new pair of boots so it was totally worth it. Heres a fun story though.... After we were shopping/ fighting the crowds in Primark, we crossed the street to get something to drink and eat because we were completely exhausted. Right as we were finishing up our waters and Krispy Kreme doughnuts, lo and behold, blood started gushing from my nose. Sorry for the gruesome visual, but I have a chronic cold weather bloody nose problem. I didn't think it would flare up already though! Haha sorry, thats probably more than some of you ever wanted to know about my nasal tendencies.
Saturday we took a bus ride to Warwick castle and toured around. It was so pretty there. Its supposed to be the "greatest Medieval experience in Britain" and there were archers and people dressed as peasants and everything. There was also a part of the tour that was about all of the ghosts that supposedly haunt the casle and it was basically a haunted house. You may not know this about me, but I am EXTREMELY jumpy and cannot handle scary things at all! But this was fun for the most part even though me and Lauren were at the very back of the group so all of the creepy ghost people cackled extra loud in our ears and blowed on our necks and stuff. Oh well, I lived to tell the tale, which the warning signs outside of the haunted house told us we might not be able to do so I count it as a success. After all of the excitement at this castle, we drove over to Stratford-upon-Avon a.k.a Shakespeare's birthplace and burial site. It was the CUTEST little town ever!!! I'm telling you, each person who reads this NEEDS to go there someday! It is the quiantest place, with old cottages (some even have thatched roofs) little Shakespeare themed shops, and little ice cream and sausage carts all over the place. The fences all had vines growing all over them and there were even wild blackberry bushes on the path to Anne Hathaway's cottage. My only regret is that we didn't get to spend more time there! It was adorable and well worth the trip up there. I might even go again!
Today was Lauren's last day so we just took it easy and slept in a little so that she wouldn't be too tired on her long journey back to Italy. We actually returned to our little English version of the Village Wok (our favorite Minneapolis Chinese hot-spot), Gerrard's Corner. Then we took our time getting ready to trek through the park and back to the train station. It was sad to see her go, but like I said before, it just makes me more excited to go to Italy in less than a month! Well, I guess that's all I've got for now. Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment