Monday, September 1, 2008

Week 1... Getting settled

Hello! The rumors are true: I really am in London for the next 3.5 months! I thought maybe a blog would be good so that people can check in as they want as opposed to me sending millions of emails. Well.....today marks the 5th day that I have been here, which seems crazy because I feel like I've been here for weeks! In a good way, though. I've already done so much.

On Friday we went for a "Jack the Ripper" tour of the city. Totally gruesome, but it was really interesting. We saw what the murder sites look like now.... wierd that we were standing right where some axe murderer was about 120 years ago killing people. Hmmmm...... After the tour, I actually had a little bit of an adventure of my own not by choice, however. Some of the group decided to stay out in the Jack the Ripper area after the tour but I decided to head back. Long story short, I got seperated from the group and ended up alone searching for my way back in the dark in a strange city! Yikes. It was scary! But, fear not, I found my way back safe and sound. 30 minutes later.

On Saturday we went on an open-air bus tour around London where I was able to see EVERYTHING! It was really cool because you can get off the bus whenever you want and then just get back on whenever you are done exploring for a while. Me and a few friends (my roomie Brooke, and two other girls from my program Sara and Erin) walked around taking pictures (I already have like 200 or something) and we stopped for a tour of the House of Parliment. It was soooo cool and it was even more interesting because I am currently reading "The Other Boleyn Girl" so the story matches up with the stuff they talked about on the tour, which was fun.

Anyways, I guess thats pretty much the short story re-cap for everyone. Here are some details: I bought a new planner with cupcakes on it, I have started watching Gossip Girls which is really addicting and good, I accidentally lost one of my earings down the drain in the shower yesterday, and next weekend I'm going on a group excursion to Bath! Should be a real good time. I hope the USA is fun!

No comments: