Sunday, September 28, 2008

Stonehenge


Saturday was the last day trip that we will be going on with my program. We went to Stonehenge and Salisbury! Stonehenge was AMAZING; I am so glad I was able to see it while I'm here. Its beautiful and fascinating.... did you know that it was being built at the same time as the pyramids in Egypt? Yep, it was. And don't worry, I bought a pair of souvenier socks so I will not forget my trip to Stonehenge anytime soon(By the way, the picture I posted is of me and my friend Sara and we were listening to all of the exciting facts offered by the audio tour guide). Salisbury was great too; we went to another gorgeous cathedral and there was one of four remaining copies of the magna carta here! It was very cool to see a document that dates from the 13th century. AND if that wasnt cool and historical enough, this cathedral is also home to the oldest working clock in Europe- built in 1386! I wish you could have been there to see it!

Today was one of the last (well, maybe) sunny and warm days here, so I spent literally ALL day out in the park. I sat in a little lawn chair in Queen Mary's Rose Gardens and read my book while listening to John Mayer on my ipod. It was so relaxing!
Well, I guess that's about all I've got to report on today. Not much news in the rest of my life. Although I did just take my first quiz in Cognitive Psychology last week, so we will be getting those returned to us on Tuesday...... And unfortunately this class is proving to be just as difficult and boring as I suspected it would be. Yikes!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

love the blog lele! not as much as i'm loving that new sweater your sporting in the pic! looks familiar ;)